Tuesday, June 13, 2006

My Bicycle Diaries - Day Six

This morning, I saw the article about Ben Roethlisberger’s helmetless crash. It makes you think – what a fool.

blinq had a bunch of great quotes. One of them was by PB’ers Chiefsalsa. Normally, Harry is FOS, but I had to agree with him on this one!

You have a gift. You can make a fantastic living and gain financial security for your grandchildren by playing a game. You are adored by millions. You can use your celebrity for great things. Drive a BMW and do not speed up on yellow lights.
What resonates about this whole thing for me is the number of BMoD's (Bike Messengers of Death) I see without helmets. I can't believe that anyone would ride a bike in the city and not where one. Now, don't get me wrong, I never wore one as a kid, but we weren't expected to.

That darn tire seems to keep losing air. I've had the bike less than a week I guess I’m going to have to fix a flat. Today it was down Baltimore to 42nd, turned north to Spruce, down Spruce to 22nd, turned north to pine and down Pine. I like this route, though with all the trolley tacks at 42nd and Baltimore I think I will avoid turning there again. That’s an accident waiting to happen.

Total Estimated Mileage: 7 miles

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.